Saturday, September 10, 2011

I really hate being sick

Anybody who knows me knows I never stop going, doing, or otherwise moving. I don't take naps, I don't sit still, I don't lay in the sunshine unless I also have something to do with my hands. I don't just watch movies. Therefore it's doubly hard when I get sick, because not only do I feel awful, but I cannot be my usual self, and then I get bored and stir crazy, and I often push my luck, which is bad. I'm trying really hard not to do that now (which isn't difficult because when you're sick at a high altitude, apparently it's just that much harder to breathe if you do anything remotely active). I'd really like to go to the Saturday market. I want some fresh Avocados and flat bread for lunches this week. And we need more water in the apt, and Quinoa. However, doing last night's dishes just about did me in... So I'm taking a break for a few minutes, may work on the book I started yesterday (the first of the Dirk Pitt novels, The Mediterranean Caper by Clive Cussler-- they come highly recommended as far as fluff action/loosely archeological novels go). If I fall asleep, I don't have to worry about retracing my steps, and I can put it down and pick it up at whim. And then maybe I'll feel okay enough to go. It's supposed to be only a 10min walk...