Monday, September 05, 2011

Ahh Espanol.

The women at work are very patient and helpful when it comes to me learning Spanish. The ones that do speak English will answer any question I have about what word to use to say this or that, and the ones that don't will just talk to me anyway, but slowly. One of the women today gave me a mini lesson as I was packing up, which was awesome and wonderful of her but also very tiring. She was teasing me that, after 5ms, I'll be fluent in Spanish and then I can move on to Quechua.... 5ms of one, 5ms of the other. I'm sure the face I made was classic.

Adrienne, my archeologist apt. mate, says she doesn't envy me. Even being fluent, she says she still gets tired after speaking in nothing but Spanish for more than an hour. Not having a choice is very strong motivation however.

No comments:

Post a Comment