Monday, August 29, 2011

Lunes

9-11: Espanol leccion con mi maestra Danitza. I cannot remember my p-verbs to save my life.

Nilda sat down and discussed with me what they need from me, in exchange for weaving, dyeing and spinning instruction. Basically, I get to be their PR manager! I'm in charge of their facebook and other online media presence. I'm to create a newsletter to be sent out to donors and people they want to be donors. I'm to re-do their pamphlets and help in better distribution around the city so that the tourists are able to more easily find the museum, as well as making their presence known to tourist groups in the US. If I have time I may be creating a simple html/CSS based alternate web page for smart technology (their site is flash-based). I will also be helping with dye sourcing for Indigo and Cochineal, compiling fresh fermented indigo recipes and maybe accompanying Indira (the dye workshop coordinator among other things) to the Amazon region of western Peru to see where the Indigo is grown (it doesn't grow in Cusco's climate) and maybe participate in a dye. There may end up being more, I dunno. I'm really excited about all of this.... but I need to beef up my comupter skills a bit.

Got a local cell phone.

Got in touch with the women in charge of the apt owned by the CTTC board members and moved in! I am now officially settled! I have internet, a full kitchen, an awesome bedroom, and hot water for showers!!! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment