Monday, December 19, 2011

First private salsa lesson since I've been in Peru

Went out for salsa last night after some deliberation (I'd been out late ever night since Thursday) and ended up dancing with Heidi, a world champion salsa dancer/instructor from outside of London. She's been around for almost 2 weeks now and while I've seen her around and been introduced to her, last night was the first time I actually got to talk to her and spend some time with her. She was saying she thought she was getting rusty at leading and since there weren't enough guys last night was leading me and one of my friends. She gave me some really good pointers and then somehow I ended up having a private lesson with her (at midnight!) to work on some of my technique things. Cost me $20 but she said she usually charges $90 for privates so I was like Yeah, Okay! It was awesome! Like everyone else here she was really surprised at how fast I learn and absorb information, and we covered A LOT and I was feeling so much better about a bunch of things after. And because I salsa so often, I can practice and work on it. Went back out for some reggaeton-salsa after and just hung out and danced with her. So awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment