Thursday, February 09, 2012

Synthetic Indigo and an afternoon wander in Chinchero

Went to Chinchero last Sunday for some dyes and a hiking adventure with my friend Martine!

Helping Sonya and Maribelle get the yarn out of a Cochineal/Q'uolle dye vat.



Dyeing the skeins indigo and then opening them up for exposure to air.



After the indigo was dyed (the weavers, who are used to the 2-week long fermented urine indigo vats, couldn't believe how fast it was), Martine and I headed to the Sunday Market for lunch, before wandering to the ruins for a nice afternoon hike!

SunMarket2ChinFeb2012

SunMarketChinFeb2012

Me at the ruins (it's so nice to have friends to hike with because then every-so-often I get pictures of me and not just everything around me)!!

ChinRuinsFeb2012

No comments:

Post a Comment