Monday, October 03, 2011

A quick note about Serpost

I would just like to say that my morning was awful and traumatic because the Peruvian Post Office (Serpost) is evil and disorganized (mostly disorganized). I got there at 8:45am and was like "Oh yea I have time to get my box from my mom!" Once they get to you, they have to type the paper work in on the computer while you wait, not when the box gets there, they rifle through your box without letting you see it, and then don't listen to you when you correct the value that was written on the initial packing slip... I was then nearly 20min late for my 9am Spanish lesson. Had to go back after my lesson, then to the bank because apparently there's a tariff on sweaters and chocolate ($20 too, insario) and that took an hour and I almost had to wait another hour because bank credit cards here don't work like they do in the use where you just get charged $2 for using it at the wrong bank and I didn't have exact change. Then back to the post office to wait a while longer to then get my box. By this point you're so frustrated you're almost in tears and you're sitting there wondering if they do this to you because you're not Peruvian (which is a completely valid thought-- example, the train to Machu Piccu being S/. 10 each way for peruvinas and S/.145 round trip for people who don't look peruvinan). And then you finally get your box and all the joy of getting mail has fled hours ago and you never want a package ever again, not even if its filled with chocolate and adorable kittens.

I got to work and they took one look at me and decided I was going to the Jungle tomorrow. Apparently I looked like I need to get out of Cusco for a few days....

No comments:

Post a Comment