Sunday, August 09, 2009

Loomy loom


This is my beautiful new table loom!!



I just picked it up today. So awesome. 22" weaving width, 4 lams. Has aprox. a 16 treadle capability, which is more than I've every used at this moment. Came with shuttle, threading hooks, spare parts, a rattle, a warping frame, lee sticks, and a gigantic box of wool yarn. Best part is that it's collapsible and folds flat (yay for storage!) Even though the techs in the Fibers department told me I've probably got a floor loom, it's not 100% so it might come with me this fall. I think I'm going to make some rugs (I know, Appalachian folk arts...) just to figure the thing out and make sure it works beautifully.

And of course, this is timed really well for me as I just made a bulk yarn order for yarn for the school year. I should get my linen yarn just in time to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment